In this seventh session of DC Advocacy Partners, participants will:
- Gain an understanding of accessible and affordable housing options for people with disabilities, such as housing vouchers, Section 8, and anti-discrimination issues.
- Understand the role and mission of Independent Living Centers.
- Learn the importance of consumer directed personal assistance services.
- Understand the basics of financial planning, including how to create and maintain a budget and how to plan for purchases.
- Gain an understanding of the types of assistive technology available and how to use assistive technology to accommodate a variety of disabilities.
Adaptive Services Division, DC Public Library
Executive Director, National Council on Disability
National Disability Institute
Project Coordinator, Money Follows the Person, DC Department of Health Care Finance
Sonia P. Gutiérrez
Fair Housing Program Coordinator, D.C. Department of Housing & Community Development