Competencies & Skill Sets
In this seventh session of DC Advocacy Partners, participants will begin to understand:
- Accessible and affordable housing options including Sections 8 and 811
- The protections under the Fair Housing Act
- The role of Independent Living Centers
- Disability rights and responsibilities related to public transportation
- What gains have been made in public transportation for individuals with disabilities
- Which DC and Federal agencies address issues related to disability in several of the “connecting activity” areas.
- Construct letters of compliments and complaints to decision makers on an issue of importance.
- Apply knowledge of effective oral testimonies in order to critique their own testimonies and testimonies of their peers
Director of Public Engagement, US Department of Transportation
Director of the Office of Eligibility and Outreach, WMATA Department of Access Services
Fair Housing Program Coordinator, DC Department of Housing and Community Development
Partial List of Boards and Committees in DC (relevant to DC Advocacy Partners)
Independent Living History from Access Living