In this sixth session of DC Advocacy Partners, participants will:
- Be able to identify critical city and federal issues and the process by which they can personally address their concerns.
- Be able to describe how a bill becomes a law at the city and federal level.
- Be able to identify the best ways to advocate for policy change at the city and federal levels.
- Be able to prepare for meetings and delivering testimony to members or staff at the City Council and Congressional levels.
- Be able to advocate at the city and federal levels through written communication such as letters, postcards, and e-mails.
Director of Advocacy and Public Policy, The Arc of DC
Executive Director, Collaboration to Promote Self-Determination
Events and Training Manager, TASH