In this fifth session of DC Advocacy Partners, participants will:
- Know what it means to lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Improve their understanding of Medicaid and Medicare policies and advocacy.
- Learn about the Olmstead Community Integration Plan and DC’s One Community for All.
- Learn about healthcare and wellness systems, services, networks, and advocacy in DC, including services for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Understand individual responsibilities for wellness and creating a healthy lifestyle for themselves.
- Expand their skills for influencing change, both individually and as part of a group.
- Increase their ability to plan multi-month projects, write goals and develop action plans, and design a presentation for the class graduation.
Executive Vice-President, American Association of People with Disabilities
Director, DC Office of Disability Rights
Co-founder, Board President & Head Coach, Athletes Without Limits
Scepter J. Spainbey
National Instructor, In Our Own Voice, National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)