Competencies & Skill Sets
In this third session of DC Advocacy Partners, participants will begin to understand:
- How to identify critical city and federal issues and the process by which they can personally address their concerns.
- How a bill becomes a law at the city and federal levels.
- The best ways to advocate for policy and budget change in DC.
- What qualifies as a developmental and/or intellectual disability.
- What the Developmental Disabilities (DD) Act affirms.
Partners will begin to:
- Prepare to give testimony.
- Evaluate what makes for a “good testimony.”
- Describe components of the DD Act and how they impact people with DD.
Daniel del Pielago
Education Organizer, Empower DC
Executive Director, DC Fiscal Policy Institute
Public Policy Analyst, National Disability Rights Network (NDRN)
Session 3 Long Term Project Description: Click here to download
Session 3 Long Term Project Hand-In Sheet: Click here to download